Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Put A Ring On It!








I came into jewelry designing rather late in the game after a very fulfilling career as an interior designer on Boston’s posh Newbury Street.  I love creating new designs with gorgeous colored stones and the transition to jewelry design has been (for the most part) a natural fit.  However, I have drawn the line (so far) at working with metals.  I am pretty much convinced that my use of a torch would result in either a mass of singed hair or homelessness due to an unfortunate incident involving a flame!!!


Diamond Baratta


Ophelia Ring
As a result of my “Fear of Flame”, I have never featured rings on my website.  Luckily, at my most recent gem show, I did locate a vendor that had some lovely cocktail rings and even had a chance to meet the designer.  I fell in love with the style and details of the designs and purchased a few to try them out.  Knuckle-grazing cocktail rings are on everyone’s mind - especially for holiday soirees. 


Martyn Lawrence-Bullard

Laurel Ring




I love rings and have collected many cocktail rings over the years that were antique/estate pieces.  Unfortunately, the style of these rings fell out of favor and I decided if I was not going to wear them, they should be placed in the safe deposit box for safekeeping.


Porterhouse Designs


Iliana Ring



I’m curious.....Are you on board with the chunky cocktail rings that are  so popular again for 2011?  




I learned a long time ago - if you hang onto something long enough - it will be resuscitated!  Now...where is that safe deposit key anyway? 

3 comments:

hobbsstyle said...

Great post! Blogging is actually a work and I like very much your blogging work...

Sell WoW Accounts said...

awesome rings!!:D

Millie said...

I'm definitely more a ring gal than a necklace type, so these are just gorgeous Karen! Thank you for your lovely comment over at The Hedge, I'm delighted you pop in to see what trouble MOTH's been in. I had a gorgeous week in your neck of the woods a few years ago & loved it, time for a return visit I reckon.
Millie x